At Gilcomston we want to follow Jesus Christ. He shows us what God is like and tells us how we should live. Above all, we believe that he died to rescue and forgive us. Click here to read a helpful summary of the Christian message called ‘Two Ways to Live‘.
Our life as a church is based around listening to Jesus in Bible-teaching, speaking to him in prayer and telling others about him.
The core beliefs of our Christian faith are that:
- God is the Creator and Ruler of the heavens and earth.
- Jesus Christ, God’s only Son entered our world as a man, died on the cross, was raised to life, rules with God the Father and will return.
- Jesus summons people everywhere to believe in Him as their Saviour and Lord.
- The Holy Spirit gives believers the knowledge of Christ, transforms them into His likeness, empowers them for His service and emboldens them as His witnesses.
- The Bible is God’s inspired Good News.
- The Bible teaches us the truth about God and the way to live with God.
- The church is God’s family who worship God, learn about Him, serve others and spread the Good News of Jesus.
We try to measure everything by what we read in the Bible. We hold to the Westminster Confession of Faith as a subordinate standard, recognising liberty of opinion. The Apostles’ Creed, dating back to the early centuries of the Christian Church is another helpful statement of the Christian faith which very ably summarises the gospel itself in just a few sentences.
If you’d like to find out more about Christianity, please do come along to any of our services when we look more closely at what the Bible teaches and at what difference it makes to us.
You might also want to think about coming to a Community Group, which is a great way to raise your questions in a relaxed and friendly environment.